Stuff By Shorty

Hi i am a mother of 3 with #4 on the way. I have been crafting, sewing, and tons of other things for as long as i can remember. I was tought all of this from my mother. I have been merried for 8 years.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Austin's Afghan



I started this Afghan January 18 and finished it January 25.......I made the pattern myself and I really like it.......I used 5 bundles of yarn and a size 10 1/2 hook, the color of the yarn is called 960-blues (m).......As you can tell from the pictures my son really loves it.......I have post the pattern at the end.......it works really fast I did it every night from 6 to 9 PM and then waiting in the car for the kids to get out of school for about an hour (30 minutes each kids) and it only too me a week so I know that you will love it........


Pattern

One Week Afghan
© by Tammy Egger

Materials:
~ 10 1/2 steel hook ( or one you would like to use)
~ 5 Bundles Worsted Weight yarn ( your color chose)

Ch 161


Row1: sc in the second ch from hook *ch , sk 1 ch and sc in next ch. repeat at * end with sc and then ch turn keep doing this tell you are done there should be 113 rows by the time you are done.

~Note when turning and restating on new row you will sc in the big space that you made in the last row you just made

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austin's Afghan is BEAUTIFUL. I would love to have a copy of your pattern. I have two grandchildren that would LOVE their very own "blankie" that nanna made for them. And, this one looks so easy, and a lot of fun. The fact that it's fast is DEFINITELY a plus for me. I seem to have too many irons in the fire all the time any more. My husband says "some day things are going to slow down."....lol....right.

Dixie--Indiana
GO COLTS....IT'S BEAR HUNTING SEASON

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger themagicthimble said...

Hey Tammy that is a gorgeous afghan for your son.. I am making one for mine as well.. I think the color varigated blues really makes it outstanding. Good job!!!!
Jill in WA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home